Saturday, June 15, 2013

Gluten Free Product Review: Pillsbury Gluten Free Pie Crust/Pastry Dough

Hello everybody! I hope you are all enjoying the summer weather! I love the summer because the produce in the area is always so much better! I can have them fresh, or I can bake something delicious. Which brings me to my new post....

I was grocery shopping yesterday and I came across these new buckets in the cookie dough area of the fridges. Pillsbury has released a new line of gluten free products! When I opened the fridge to get one of the buckets I swear I heard the hallelujah chorus playing. The current products out are Gluten Free Pie/Pastry Dough, Gluten Free Cookie Dough, Gluten Free Thin Crust Pizza Dough. Unfortunately the cookie dough was sold out, but I did grab a bucket each of pie and pizza dough.


I have not tried the pizza dough yet, but I did make a quiche last night and I just had to share with you all! I was HEAVENLY! It was buttery, and flaky, and tasted exactly how I remember regular pie crust tasted. I have eaten an entire half of the Quiche already...

There is enough dough to make either one covered pie, or two open faced pies in each bucket. I assume the pizza dough is quite similar and will have enough for more than one pizza. It was insanely easy to prepare! I have made my own pie crust since I have gone gluten free, and if you want to achieve the buttery, flaky texture, it takes a while to make the dough. This was so much more simple. Although it won't replace my thanksgiving pumpkin pie, it does make a great quick crust for breakfast foods or a last minute baked good.

I hope you all go out and try these new products. I have not seen the cookie dough out anywhere yet. Had anybody tried it? How about the pizza dough? Any good recipes to share? :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! I tried the pie dough tonight and thought it was chewy and very very greasy. I actually just wound up eating mostly peach pie filling out of the shell. Did you notice any of the greasiness?? You seemed to have had better luck than me!

    ReplyDelete