Friday, July 6, 2012

Cupcakes That Truly Kickass!

This past week, I have played host to one of my best friends, who is a native to NYC. Since I live in the Boston area, and it was Harborfest this week, we thought it would be fun to explore Boston. We visited the USS Wasp, which was one of the ships docked in Boston this week, and had lunch at Fresh City (that's a post to come later...). After a long day of walking, we needed a sweet fix to get our spirits up, so I decided this was the perfect time to try a new bakery I had been hearing so much about!


Kickass Cupcakes, located in Somrville, MA, is a modest little cupcakes shop that you may miss if you blink walking down the street. But don't let it fool you, it's definitely one of the best bakeries I have visited in a long time. This bakery carries regular glutenous cupcakes of many MANY flavors, cupcakes for pets, and a selection of gluten-free cupcakes.

The woman behind the counter was extremely friendly, and was very helpful in our selection of cupcakes. I purchased the 3 gluten-free cupcakes of the day: chocolate, vanilla, and mojito. My friend purchased some for himself, and for people waiting back home. They were kind enough to pack the gluten-free cupcakes separately, and even label the packages so we could tell the difference.

The first round of cupcakes we had purchased, didn't even make it back home. My friend and I immediately broke into our treasures as soon as we got to the car. He enjoyed a Cinnamon Chai Pecan Sticky cupcake, which he devoured in about 5 seconds. I enjoyed a chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting, and let me tell you, I was in heaven. First off, finding a bakery that has gluten-free cupcakes on had, that you do not have to pre-order in bulk was already amazing, but the fact that these cupcakes were so fluffy and moist, I found it hard to believe I was eating a gluten-free cupcake! I will admit that I was a little bit of a pig and enjoyed a second cupcake later that day. My boyfriend and I split a mojito cupcake. It was a little strong for my taste as far at eh mojito flavoring goes, but the texture of the cupcakes was just as satisfying as the first. I enjoyed the vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting yesterday. Just as heavenly as the first.


Want to know what's even cooler about this store?? The have a CUPCAKE TRUCK! How cool is that?? They drive this awesomely decorated truck to different locations around Boston to deliver fresh and tasty cupcakes! Also, if you place an order with them, they will deliver them to you! Yay! I know what I am doing for my next party!

If you live in the Boston area, or take a trip out to Boston someday soon, it is a definite must that you check out Kickass Cupcakes. The prices are fantastic, the cupcakes are super tasty, and if you are playing host to people who are not all gluten free, you can mix and match flavors so there is something for everybody to enjoy! I recommend calling them before you head over to check their gluten-free flavor selection for the day. Here is their information:

Kickass Cupcakes
378 Highland Avenue 
Davis Square, Somerville, MA. 
1 (617) 628-2877

1 comment:

  1. These sound great---I'm going to have to try to make them!

    ReplyDelete