Wednesday, January 4, 2012

From Apples to Apples

One thing I love about going food shopping after all the holidays is that EVERYTHING is on sale. Including a rather large bag of apples I picked up at the store! Now eating an apple here and there is always a tasty experience, but there are way too many apples in this bag to eat before they go bad. So what to do?

Apple Crisp!!

Here is my gluten free apple crisp recipe:

6 or 7 small apples, peeled and sliced (I prefer tart, but use your taste!)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom and sides of pan. (I use an 8-in square pan)
2. Spread apples in pan.
3. In bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle over apples
4. Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.

Enjoy! I like to whip some fresh whipped cream when I serve mine! If you want to heat it up again the next day, place it in the oven at 350 and bake just till warm. (mine is about 3-5 minutes).

Best Dishes!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment